Just another perspective...

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Reflecting a bit more...

So, I was just responding to Erin's comment on my April 10th entry "So I've decided..."
  • Read these first.
  • It got me thinking, so I just thought I'd share. (Begin share-time...)

    This is one of my favorite portions of the Bible, and I love the Message version:

    Matthew 5:14-16
    "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand--shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."

    I just want to challenge you to think of today in that way. We're just here to bring out the God-colors in the world. Where ever God has put you, reflect Him to those around you. I get really excited when I think about where all of my friends are--and where they're going. It reminds me that God is spreading his "reflectors" throughout the world.

    When we face each day as an adventure, remembering that our sole purpose is to make HIM famous, it's easier to see life as He does. Because it's not about us. It's all about Him.

    Selah,
    Nanette


    Please feel free to continue the "share-time" :)

    1 Comments:

    • At April 14, 2005 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I kinda talked to Heather about this today too! AmAzInG.

      The opening up to others and you'll prompt people to open up with God...we were talking about being real with people...opening up, showing our emotions, taking a risk.

      Yeah, so this is just right after the other comment...so, my socks were already gone, so we'll have to go to the face...completely gone. I'm gonna have to buy new socks soon...

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home