Just another perspective...

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Oh ye of little faith...

Lately it seems like what God is speaking to me He's also been speaking to my friends--around the world. It's like I know that God is huge, but sometimes it is just the little repeated converstaions with various friends discussing what God is showing us (and finding it to be the same) that slaps me in the face with that reality. God is HUGE.

So, question. If God is so huge, why is it so hard to completely trust Him to do what He says He is going to do? I know I'm guilty of saying I trust Him, but then I find myself going through my daily routines, getting caught up in the worries of this world, when if I trusted Him completely, I would remember that He is in control. It's almost like I trust Him in the big things, but somehow either think He isn't completely interested in the smaller, day to day issues or I think I can handle them on my own. Either way, I'm wrong. He does care. And I can't handle them alone.

Ok, wow. Well, the whole reason I started this new post was because I stumbled on this quote, and it really spoke to me. I intended to just post it, so all of the rest was for free. ;) I'm not going to try to explain this quote because I think it does wonders on its own.


“Faith is risking what is for what is yet to be. It is taking small steps knowing they lead to bigger ones. Faith is holding on when you want to let go. It is letting go when you want to hold on. Faith is hearing God’s yes when everything else says no. It is seeing the Light in darkness, the presence of God in all.” ~ Ellen M. Cuomo

Selah,
Nanette

1 Comments:

  • At April 14, 2005 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speechless...

    That quote Nan...I don't know where you found it, or what made you put it in your blog, but thanks for doing it.

    Socks...completely gone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home