Just another perspective...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Missing today for daydreams...

I’ve got 45 min left in my Legal Analysis, Research and Writing class, and I’m not sure I’m going to make it.

Humans, as meticulously created beings, today, seem to have extremely low attention spans. Why is that? The most developed of all creatures—able to communicate in ways which others cannot, but still we get bored with such exchanges.

I chose to come to law school. I am here because I am emphatic about the events in today’s society. I want to do something to change what is going on around me. But at the same time, the courses which are going to give me the tools I need (such as legal writing) do not hold my attention.

So, I guess the question is, although I am crazy interested in the bigger picture of what law is and what it means, I am DISinterested in the sub-issues that will take me to the destination.

As with everything, I think this disinterest speaks volumes.

Do you ever get so excited about what He has for the future that you miss today—a today which contains keys to prepare you for that specific future? How can we be so interested in the future that we are not preparing today? How can we be so in love with a future and still not do the things that will help get us there?

What am I missing NOW that could be key for my future in Him? How can today bore me when it is all preparation for an amazing future?

Why do I spend days daydreaming about what I will be able to do once I have my degree when I could be doing similar things now?

Does anyone else ever feel this way? What do you think we’re missing?

Selah,
Nanette

2 Comments:

  • At January 26, 2006 1:52 AM, Blogger erinlizabeth said…

    perspective? are we missing perspective? i just don't know Nan, but i def feel you on this one.

    i say perspective, but it seems weird...b/c most of my perspective checks are to step back and try to take in more of the painting...

    something to chew on, definitely something to chew on. it's so hard sometimes to live for today and take advantage of every opportunity that comes along (and i'm sure there are a lot of them that i don't even recognize as opportunities...

    h'oh my, i think i've written a whole post here on your comment. i love you! and miss you! thanks for keeping us posted! :)

     
  • At January 27, 2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said…

    I think it's like what Nehemiah experienced when he had this vision to repair the walls of Jeruselem, but he was stuck as a cup-bearer to the King.....of course, if he hadn't had the King's ear, he wouldn't have finally had the opportunity to bring the vision to fruition.

    I just read something about the waiting time...that when the vision seems so far away, prayer makes it more real, more of a here and now. Praying about the vision makes us more aware of the things God is doing RIGHT NOW to prepare us for the future, and the opportunities He's putting in front of us.

    keep your eyes open!! God is going to use your life for something big!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home