Just another perspective...

Friday, July 29, 2005

Packing up...

Do you ever think that life is circular? Let me explain. Have you ever felt that odd feeling of deja vu?

Circular motion?

Lately it seems that I'm perpetually in motion. I moved home from UIS. I moved to England and back (a couple of times). I unofficially moved up to Naperville at the beginning of the summer. And now it's time to pack up...again.

Moving.

It seems like I should be a pro at this by now. Routine. In a couple weeks, I'll be doing it all again. But still, I am experiencing the same emotions. I'm excited about what's ahead; I'm saddened by what I'm leaving behind.

Forward motion.

Cause I struggle with forward motion
I struggle with forward motion
We all struggle with forward motion
Cause forward motion is harder than it sounds
Well everytime I gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again
It’s harder than it sounds
Well everytime I gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again
--"Forward Motion" by Relient K
That always seems to be the case. God moves me to new places, brings me to new experiences, and puts me in new situations, but just when I start to adjust--when I get comfortable--it's time to move again. I've learned that my comfort zone is larger than perhaps it should be. So why is it that each time after I learn these huge lessons, I struggle to maintain when I come "home"?
It's because I get comfortable again.

So here I go again. Moving. Uncomfortable and uncertain.

Why can't I just maintain? ...I struggle with forward motion... *sigh* I'm a wip.

Selah,
Nanette

4 Comments:

  • At August 08, 2005 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Comfort...

    Gotta love it...gotta hate it.

    I love you!

     
  • At August 08, 2005 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was me, Erin

    :-D

     
  • At August 13, 2005 3:11 PM, Blogger Hannah Jo said…

    Just so you know, when you go to Kansas you are going to have to update this thing regularly so that I can know what's going on in your life. Because it is all about me. ;)

     
  • At August 13, 2005 3:23 PM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said…

    I can't believe you're moving this weekend and I haven't gotten to see you!!!!!!

    AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'll be praying for you, and can't wait to hear all about what God has for you in Kansas!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home