Just another perspective...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bend in the road

"When I left [school] my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend...I wonder how the road beyond it goes."
--Anne of Green Gables
Sometimes I feel like we graph our lives out. We get out a map (even if it's the wrong one) and chart our path. But what happens when there is a bend in the road?
We lose control.
...and that's the point. If we think we can plan by using the wrong map, we are sadly mistaken. How can you complete a math equation without a formula? You can't. Just like you can't expect to plan the future without a complete map.
Upon further review of the map I've been using to plot my path, I've come to realize that I'm missing many main roads. Roads that are available, but never were options before.
And the roads that were on my map are different than they once appeared. Straight roads are curvy and vise versa.
You can't control the road.
Roads will twist and turn, and it's all about how you react to it. Will you attempt to create a new path where you thought the old was going? Will you freeze up and swerve in the wrong direction? Or will you throw your hands up and allow Him to take the wheel?
"I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend...I wonder how the road beyond it goes."
Selah,
Nanette

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home